This month’s “Inside Business Law” highlights the Business Law Section 2016 Fall Meeting to be held on November 18 and 19 at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC.
The Business Law Section 2016 Fall Meeting will be held November 18–19, 2016, at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC. The Fall Meeting offers attendees:
- Two full days of informative and substantive programming, including 16 CLE programs and over 22 meetings sponsored by the following committees and subcommittees:
- Audit Responses
- Business and Corporate Litigation
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Director and Officer Liability
- Federal Regulation of Securities
- Government Affairs Practice
- Institutional Investors
- Judges Initiative
- Law and Accounting
- Legal Opinions
- Middle Market and Small Business
- Professional Responsibility
- Securitization and Structured Finance
- The opportunity to hear from Professor Roberta Karmel, former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission and past Public Director of the New York Stock Exchange, the keynote speaker at Friday’s Federal Regulation of Securities Luncheon (ticketed event)
- Networking opportunities with other business law professionals at the Welcome Reception on Friday evening (free to all attendees) and at one of three committee dinners on Friday evening (ticketed events)
Those who wish to attend the Business Law Section 2016 Fall Meeting but have not registered in advance can register at the Business Law Section Fall Meeting. For a complete schedule, including program titles and speakers, click here.
BLS Trivia Answer: In 2012, California, Texas and New York were the three states in the United States that had the most nonprofit organizations registered with the National Center for Charitable Statistics. California had 147,134 registered nonprofit organizations of which 117,983 were 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Texas had 96,122 registered nonprofit organizations of which 73,994 were 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. New York had 92,906 registered nonprofit organizations of which 74,269 were 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
BLS Trivia Answer: The correct answer is “C. 1,571,056.” According to the National Center for Charitable Statistics, there were 1,571,056 tax-exempt nonprofit organizations in the United States as of April 2016.