Current Committee Projects
Committees interested in CAP can submit an Associate Request here.
Committee Associates will be assigned to your committee for approximately three months, but you may choose to extend their assignment if additional work is available and if the Associate is available.
Requests will be posted on our Committee Project Board. Interested student applications will be forwarded to those committees requesting a CAP.
All questions regarding CAP should be directed to Khalilah Bruton or call 312-988-6398.
- Diversity Clerkship
- Mendes Hershman Student Writing Contest
- Ask about mentoring at Section Spring, Fall, and Annual Meetings.
Events & Programs
The Committee Associate Program (CAP) aims to build and strengthen relationships between law students and the Business Law Section by providing an interactive experience for students with substantive and administrative projects to advance the work of our Committees.
The Committee Associate is a formal position recognized by the ABA Business Law Section. Law students selected for the program will be placed with one of our 50 committees for at least three months and will be given hands-on projects work during that time.
Projects may include:
- Draft articles and whitepapers
- Help to coordinate materials and speakers for CLE programs
- Conduct research for special projects
- Assist with the committee newsletter
- Helping to coordinate non-CLE webinars
- Updating and improving the committee webpage and social media
- Develop and execute committee surveys
Other work may be available, depending on the needs of the committees.
View our Committee Project Board on the top right corner for the latest opportunities offered through our committees.
Applications are collected on a rolling basis and placements will be made throughout the year. Contact Khalilah Bruton for questions regarding CAP.
To apply, please complete our CAP Application.
Please note: Submitting an application does not mean that placement in CAP will be granted.