Join Us in Vancouver, BC
Register now for the ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting, March 28-30, 2019. Join us to experience over 80 CLE programs in all areas of business law prepared and presented by thought leaders, connect and learn at substantive sessions, and experience Vancouver at premier social events where you can network with over 1,600 business law professionals from around the world.
If you have already registered for the meeting but need to purchase tickets, you will have to fax in the paper form to 312-988-6279 or call 312-988-5588 to add tickets. You will not be able to purchase tickets online. You can buy tickets in advance through Thursday, March 21. After March 21, you can purchase event tickets onsite at the registration desk.
Download the Meeting App! Visit crowd.cc/s/2mAhu or search CrowdCompass AttendeeHub from your Apple or Android device on the App Store or Google Play Store. After you've downloaded the app, search "Business Law" within the app to locate our event.
View a desktop version at https://event.crowdcompass.com/19blspring
Why You Should Attend
- Choose from over 80 CLE programs in all areas of business law prepared and presented by thought leaders
- Engage and learn at substantive sessions, including hundreds of committee and subcommittee meetings, keeping you up-to-date on emerging trends in your practice area
- Enjoy global networking opportunities designed for you to connect with 1,600 business law professionals from over 20 countries
What Attendees Are Saying
- “The Business Law Section provides the best educational opportunity for corporate and business lawyers practice inside and outside.” Karl John Ege, Perkins Coie LLP and Former Chief Legal Officer, Russell Investment
- “Attending one Section meeting as a law student is the reason that I have my career. Show up. Observe the intangibles because you will be among the very best of the profession. Attend substantive meetings and programs of interest to help narrow your interests. When opportunities present themselves, have meaningful conversations. The personal and professional advantages will be unmatched — I guarantee it." Christina Michelle Houston, DLA Piper
- “Young lawyers can build longstanding relationships with in-house counsel decision makers that start at Section meetings. Establish your credibility by taking advantage of top-notch Section content and have the opportunity to publish your own Section content to distinguish yourself in our profession.” Grace Powers, Wells Fargo
- “I find the Business Law Section meetings to be an extremely valuable because of the great work done by the various substantive committees and the superb content of the programs. Most important to me is the face to face interaction with colleagues, and networking with some of the best and brightest business lawyers.” Peter Snell, Gowling WLG
- “The materials and presentations prepared by the M&A Committee are excellent and help me keep current with trends and new issues in my area.” Kareen Zimmer, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
Advance Registration ends March 8, 2019. Thereafter, all registrations must take place onsite.
**Academic/Govt/Judge/Pub Service, First-Timer, Young Lawyer, and Law Student rates and Single-CLE Program and Daily Passes can be selected once you are logged in with your ABA credentials.
Access to all non-ticketed events and CLE programming
ABA BUSINESS LAW SECTION MEMBER
ACADEMIC/GOVERNMENT/JUDGE/PUBLIC SERVICE LAWYER
FIRST-TIME BUSINESS LAW SECTION SPRING MEETING ATTENDEE
*YOUNG LAWYER RATE
*A young lawyer is an attorney who is under the age of 40 or who has been in practice for less than 10 years
SINGLE-DAY PASS - $390
Access to all non-ticketed events and programs on a specific day - Thursday, Friday or Saturday\
SINGLE-CLE PROGRAM PASS - $200
Access to a single CLE program - not specific to time, day, or CLE program
Refunds will be granted for all written requests received by March 8, 2019. Refunds will not be granted after this date; however, we will gladly accept substitutions for those unable to attend. Submit all refund and substitution requests to Quiana Nesbit - Quiana.Nesbit@americanbar.org.
Applications are available for a limited number of scholarships to defray the registration fee. Preference will be given to practitioners with limited means and to unemployed attorneys.
For registration fees over the amount of $500, attorneys who qualify will receive at least a 50% reduction in the registration fee. Please note, this does not include any reduction in meals, lodging, or travel costs associated with the course. For more information, please contact Quiana Nesbit at Quiana.Nesbit@americanbar.org no later than Friday, March 8, 2019.
ALL-ACCESS PASSES ARE IN DROP-DOWN BOX
Please note: Single-Day and Single-CLE Program Passes are not All-Access Passes and are only valid for the day purchased or one CLE Program.
All other rates in the drop-down box are All-Access Passes and permits access to all non-ticketed meetings and CLE programming.
On-Line Event Registration Release
In the interest of furthering the ABA's creation, promotion and distribution of educational/informational materials (both now and in the future), I understand and agree that my registration and attendance at, or participation in, ABA meetings, programs and events ("Events") constitutes an agreement by me to grant to ABA the right to record my image, photograph, picture, likeness, and voice by any technology or means. I also grant ABA the right to copy, use, perform, display and distribute such recordings of me for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to distribution by means of streaming or other technologies via the Internet, or distribution of audio or video files for download by the public. I hereby waive any right to inspect, approve, or be compensated for use of any materials incorporating such images obtained during the Events. I release ABA and its agents, representatives and licensees from all liabilities arising out of any use of my likeness and information as provided above. I understand and agree that any and all negatives, digital images, and recordings of my likeness, regardless of form, are and shall remain property of the ABA.
The following CLE credit has been requested: 29.0 general credit in 60 minute states, 34.80 general credit in 50 minute states, 8.50 ethics credit in 60 minute states and 10.20 ethics in 50 minute states.