Ethical Considerations When Counseling the Corporate Client Through Crisis
December 7, 2017
When the corporate client is facing a crisis - an internal investigation, government investigation, or discord between the board and the executive team, how does a lawyer manage ethical issues that arise?
This panel, which includes attorneys who have worked through these challenges and an ethics attorney who advises bar members, will discuss these ethical challenges focusing on:
- Identify the client - is it the organization, the board, or the executive team?
- Discuss how to manage conflicts of interest that often arise in these situations
- Ethical obligations when your client will not listen – where do you raise your concerns? Are you permitted to withdraw?
- Strategies for maintaining an effective client relationship
- Suhuyini Abudulai (moderator), Cassels Brock, Toronto, ON
- Margaret Cassidy, Cassidy Law, Washington, D.C.
- Joan Meyers, Baker McKenzie, Washington, D.C.
- Saul Singer, D.C. Bar Ethics, Washington, D.C.
Presented by: Corporate Compliance Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address. CLE credit is only available to those attending the live programs.