Merger Mashup: Trends and Developments in Merger Enforcement in the US, Europe and Canada
May 11, 2017
The program will discuss trends and developments in U.S., European and Canadian merger enforcement that in 2016 have helped foil almost $400 billion in U.S.-targeted deal value, and have led to nearly half a trillion dollars in withdrawn or blocked global M&A. The panel of US and EU antitrust enforcers and experienced practitioners will also offer practical advice for business lawyers and their clients in evaluating potential mergers and on how to get their deals through.
- Davit Akman (moderator), Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Toronto, ON
- Melissa Hill, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Henri Piffaut, EU DG Comp and Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Fiona Schaeffer, Milbank LLP, New York, NY
- Neil Campbell, McMillan LLP, Toronto, ON
Presented by: Antitrust Law Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address. CLE credit is only available to those attending the live programs.