COVID-19’s Impact on Tech Startups - Appropriate Dispute Resolution to the Rescue
July 27, 2020
COVID-19 has caused an unprecedented level of commercial disruption across nearly all industries, with some of the greatest challenges being faced by tech start-ups. Customers and investors are tightening their belts, landlords and insurers have proven averse to Force Majeure clauses, and staff and supply chains have been disrupted. In normal times, conflicts like these can result in litigation, but litigation is an even poorer option now given the cost and time involved as well as the lack of business-oriented solutions. Appropriate dispute resolution (ADR) can help to proactively resolve some of the problems facing tech startups to help them focus on emerging intact from COVID-19—or even thriving in a new and challenging environment.
This webinar/roundtable will address the following:
- How is COVID-19 impacting tech startups?
- Is litigation now an effective means of conflict resolution?
- How can ADR be used proactively without litigation to improve business outcomes?
- What creative ADR approaches do businesses not know about?
Case studies of COVID-19 challenges
- Ryan Abbott, M.D., Esq., FCIArb (moderator), JAMS, Los Angeles, CA
- Olga Mack, ParleyPro, San Francisco, CA
- Roderick Thompson, Farella Braun + Martel, San Francisco, CA
- Elana Freeman, Swing Education, Palo Alto, CA
- Stephanie Montaño, Control Risks, Los Angeles, CA
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address.