An Ethics Discussion on Sharing the Attorney-Client Privilege, Updated for the COVID-19 Apocalypse
April 23, 2020
The law has evolved to recognize that the privilege may be shared for the purpose of joint representation. In that context, the privilege shields communications from the outside world, but it is assumed that there is no shield between the joint clients. The panel will discuss the ethical contours of these rules and their particular impact in the context of the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hon. Mary Johnston (moderator), Superior Court of Delaware, Wilmington, DE
- Melissa Damian Visconti, Damian & Valori LLP, Miami, FL
- Jason Panzer, Herring & Panzer, Austin TX
- Merrick L. Gross, Carlton Fields, Miami, FL
- Michael D. Rubenstein, Liskow & Lewis, Houston, TX
Presented by: Business and Corporate Litigation Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address.