Cracking the CFIUS Code: Illuminating New Regulations Implementing the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act
June 26, 2020
We explain new regulations that implement FIRRMA. We discuss scenarios that illuminate expansion of CFIUS’ jurisdiction that authorizes CFIUS to review, not only acquisition of control of a U.S. business, but “other investments,” e.g., to obtain non-controlling rights such as access to material nonpublic technical information about its critical technology.
- Brian J. Fleming (moderator), Miller & Chevalier Chartered, Washington, DC
- Ama Adams, Ropes & Gray LLP, Washington, DC
- Gwen Wilber Jaramillo, Foley Hoag LLP, Boston, MA
- Hunter Deeley, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Lawrence Ward, Dorsey & Whitney, Seattle, WA
- David Sullivan, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, DC
- Roland L. Trope, Trope and Schramm LLP, New York, NY
- Aimen Mir, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Washington, DC
Presented by: Cyberspace Law Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address.