Business Law Bonus is a series of member-benefit CLE programs covering all things business law!
Student Loan Servicing Challenges in the COVID-19 Context and Beyond
February 10, 2021
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Eastern
The student lending industry has been impacted significantly by the COVID-19 pandemic and other economic factors. The presentation will cover the CARES Act provisions for student loans, recent bankruptcy decisions and proposed legislation that will impact student lending, state servicing laws including several recent developments, servicing risks, and a look ahead to what the student lending space may look like in the years to come.
- Keith S. Anderson (moderator), Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, Birmingham, AL
- Vaishali S. Rao, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Chicago, IL
- Paul H. Schieber, Stevens & Lee, King of Prussia, PA
Presented by: Consumer Financial Services Committee
Registration will be opening soon.
Not an ABA member? Visit the ABA membership page or call 800-285-2221 to learn more about ABA dues.
The ABA will seek credit for this program in the states indicated on this page. The ABA will seek 1.5 hours of general CLE credit in 60-minute states and 1.8 hours of CLE credit in 50-minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Visit www.americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.
Audio, video, and materials from Business Law Bonus programs will available to Business Law Section members shortly after each webinar.
- Developing Leaders in Law Firms and Legal Departments (December 14, 2020)
- Mediating Remotely in the Age of Zoom (December 11, 2020)
- M&A Lessons Learned from COVID-19 (December 3, 2020)
- Earnouts in the Era of COVID-19: Best Practices for Designing Earnouts to Avoid Disputes (November 12, 2020)
- Governance & Litigation Finance: What Board Members Should Know (September 15, 2020)
- Taxing Carried Interest - The Implications to US Fund Managers of Recently Proposed Regulations (September 8, 2020)
- Negotiating Effective Fraud Carve-Outs in M&A Deals (August 25, 2020)
- The Rise of Foreign Direct Investment Regulations and How It Will Affect Private Equity/Venture Capital Transactions (August 14, 2020)
- Basics of Corporate Venture Capital (August 7, 2020)
- An Introduction to Private Equity Fund Formation (August 4, 2020)