2017 Business Bar Leader Conference
May 17-18, 2018
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
2018 Business Bar Leader Conference Overview
The 16th Annual Business Bar Leaders Conference will be taking place on the evening of Thursday, May 17 and all day on Friday, May 18, 2018 in Chicago, IL. This invitation-only, free registration event, hosted by the American Bar Association (ABA) Business Law Section offers a unique opportunity for state and local bar business law leaders to meet, share ideas, and learn how the ABA and other state and local organizations can help them fulfill their mission and best serve their members.
- There is almost no cost for attending – Almost all costs are paid by the ABA. There is no registration fee for the Conference and one attendee per organization will receive heavily subsidized airfare to Chicago and deeply discounted hotel rates.
- Travel is easy - The Conference location is only five minutes from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport - plan to arrive Thursday evening before 6:00 p.m. and to depart Friday after 5:00 p.m. or extend your stay through the weekend as downtown Chicago is only a short train ride away!
- Share the work that your organization is doing – One of our panels will discuss innovative projects that state and local bar organizations are conducting.
- Network with your peers – Meet people in leadership positions in other bar organizations, reunite with old friends and engage with ABA leadership Thursday evening at the reception and dinner. When programming ends on Friday evening, join us for a hospitality reception and organized event held in downtown Chicago. Details on the event coming soon!
- Enjoy a full day of bar management programming - Friday is dedicated to informative panels exploring such topics as:
- Substantive Content Management
- ABA and Business Law Section Resources Available to State and Local Bars Associations
- Membership Recruiting, Involvement and Outreach
- Innovative Projects of State and Local Bars
- Learn more about the ABA and its goals for the profession – An ABA leader will serve as the Friday luncheon keynote speaker and share insights on leadership of bar organizations.
- Participate in Meaningful Round Table Discussions – On Friday, you will have the opportunity to participate in a roundtable discussion with other bar leaders to discuss challenges, experiences, successes and solutions. Each table will have an experienced facilitator and valuable insights and ideas generated by these discussions will be shared with the entire group at the conclusion of the roundtable session.
For additional information, please download the Conference Flyer.
View the 2018 Business Bar Leaders Program Agenda.
Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel
8500 W Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Discounted hotel rates for $159 per night are available at the Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites hotel. Book your reservations at the Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel by April 26, 2018:
- Online: Book your group rate for ABA 2018 Business Bar Leaders Conference
- By phone: Call 1-800-919-4803 and reference the ABA 2018 Business Bar Leaders Conference
The Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel is located just 10 minutes away from Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Be sure to book a flight to Chicago that arrives at O’Hare International Airport (ORD).
ABA members are eligible for discounted airfare through Egencia.
ABA members save 25% off car rentals through Hertz.
Contact Leslie Archer at (312) firstname.lastname@example.org or Gina Dickinson (312) email@example.com with any meeting questions.
2017 Business Bar Leaders Conference
Materials from the 2017 Business Bar Leaders Conference can be downloaded here.
Listen to recordings from the 2017 Business Bar Leaders Conference panels here.