Introduction to Securities Class Action Litigation
January 14, 2021
Often after a public company announces bad news and its stock price drops one or more complaints are filed as class actions alleging that the company and its officers and directors engaged in fraud. This webinar will discuss the circumstances that often lead to such cases being filed, the types of claims that are usually asserted and which courts have jurisdiction over such claims. There also will be a discussion of the various motions that are usually filed and the timing of such cases. Finally, the panel will discuss steps that companies can take to narrow the forum in which such cases can be brought.
- Meredith Sherman (moderator), Troutman Pepper, New York, NY
- Kevin H. Metz, Latham & Watkins LLP, Washington, DC
- Laura E. Simmons, Cornerstone Research, Washington, DC
- James S. Rollins, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, Boston, MA
- Lisa L. Port, Kessler Topaz, Philadelphia, PA
Presented by: Business and Corporate Litigation Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address. CLE credit is only available to those attending the live programs.