Understanding Key Elements of Legal Opinions
June 27, 2019
Business lawyers are asked to give legal opinions in a number of contexts, including the closing of debt and equity financings and private M&A transactions. This program will walk through the core opinions included in a typical third party legal opinion, and will discuss customary assumptions, exceptions and qualifications. It will examine opinions commonly requested and given, and will discuss their customary meaning and the work customarily done to support them. The panel will discuss resources available to guide opinion givers and counsel for opinion recipients.
- Ettore A. Santucci (moderator), Goodwin, Boston, MA
- Richard N. Frasch (moderator), San Francisco, CA
- Anna S. Mills, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Charlotte, NC
- Christina Houston, DLA Piper LLP (US), Wilmington, DE
- Timothy G. Hoxie, Jones Day, San Francisco, CA
Presented by: Legal Opinions Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address. CLE credit is only available to those attending the live programs.