Raising Capital Today: Considering the Wide Range of Financing Alternatives
November 17, 2016
Following the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act of 2012, the SEC has adopted numerous changes to the securities laws governing capital raising activities. Issuers now have a much wider range of capital raising alternatives available as a result of new and updated exemptions from SEC registration. This program will examine the range of offering alternatives and the legal and practical implications of those alternatives. The panelists will discuss:
- Private placements under Rule 506 of Regulation D
- Regulation A offerings
- The wide range of crowdfunding alternatives, including Regulation Crowdfunding
- Intrastate and regional offerings
- SEC-registered initial public offerings
- Martin P. Dunn (moderator), Morrison & Foerster LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Bryan K. Brown, Reed Smith, Houston, TX
Presented by: Federal Regulation of Securities Committee
Members of the Business Law Section may access the audio, program materials, and video from this program. Log in using your email address. CLE credit is only available to those attending the live programs.