Business Bankruptcy Committee Meeting
October 8-10, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Paris Las Vegas Casino & Resort
- Securities Law For Bankruptcy Dummies
- Pro Bono in the Digital Age: The Benefits of Technology and Ethical Issues Implicated by its Use
- Who’s My Client: The Practice and Ethics of Third Party Financing in Bankruptcy? (Immediately following the ABA Luncheon & Kathryn R. Heidt Award Program, ticketed event, $90)
- Mindful Mediation – the Ways and Means of Successful Bankruptcy Mediation
- Single Asset Real Estate Cases on the Horizon – Round 2 (Immediately following the ABA Secured Creditor Luncheon, ticketed event, $90)
- Current Developments
Committee & Subcommittee Meetings
- Administration & Courts Subcommittee
- International Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- Small Business Subcommittee**
- Claims & Priorities/Insurance/Mass Torts and Environmental Claims Subcommittees
- E-Newsletter Subcommittee
- Electronic Discovery in Bankruptcy Cases Subcommittee
- Monetization Subcommittee
- Asset Forfeiture and Bankruptcy/White-Collar/Business Bankruptcy Initiative Subcommittees
- Trustees and Examiners Working Committee
- Health Care and Non-Profit Subcommittee**
- Rules and Claims Trading Subcommittees
- Bankruptcy Committee and Profession Ethics Subcommittees
- Publications Subcommittee
- IP & Technology Subcommittee
- Ethics of Law Firm Dissolution and Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- Financial Institute Insolvency Legislation Subcommittee
- Programs Subcommittee
- Model Code Project Subcommittee
- Individual Chapter 11 Subcommittee**
- Model Code Project Consumer Subcommittee
- Bank Court Structure and Insolvency Process Committee
**Indicates meeting will include a substantive program
Hotel and Accommodations
Paris Las Vegas Casino & Resort
3655 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
NCBJ has reserved a block of attendee rooms at the lowest possible price (only $189/night, plus tax). The block rate is lower than any Internet-based rate that the Paris will offer during our conference dates, and rivals the lowest prices offered by other distant hotels. The $36/day resort fee is waived for our room block, and in-room Internet access is COMPLIMENTARY for NCBJ group block rooms.
To reserve your room, visit the special NCBJ link. Be sure to make your reservations early! Last year we had to turn people away from our official hotel at the Marriott in San Francisco. At these rates, the NCBJ rooms are sure to sell out early, well before the August 30th cut-off date. And since space is limited, once these rooms are booked, they are gone forever!
More information and registration details will be available in August for this invitation only event!
Thank you to our generous sponsors.
Armstrong Teasdale, LLP
Levene, Neale, Bender, Yoo & Brill LLP
Lewis Roca Rothberger Christie LLP
Liskow & Lewis
Stichter, Riedel, Blain & Posser, PA
Whiteford Taylor Preston LLP
Applications are available for a limited number of scholarships to defray the registration fee. Preference will be given to practitioners with limited means and to unemployed attorneys.
Refunds will be granted for all written requests received by September 22, 2017. Refunds will not be granted after this date; however, we will gladly accept substitutions for those unable to attend. Submit all refund requests to Dorcus Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABA members are eligible for discounted airfare through Egencia.
ABA members save 25% off car rental through Hertz.
Contact Katie Koszyk at Katherine.email@example.com or 312-988-6187 with any meeting questions.