You may be familiar with the Board Catalyst webinar series recently released by the ABA Division for Bar Services to provide advanced governance training for your organization's board. But have you heard about Board Catalyst Shorts?
This is a series of short training modules, via video, that you can share with your board members. Each video is 5-12 minutes long and covers foundational board topics, featuring past bar presidents and executive directors who share their own insights.
Board Catalyst Shorts can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your needs:
- Build them into existing board meetings.
- String them together for board orientations.
- Ask board members to view them and come back to discuss at a board meeting.
- Train your young lawyer division officers.
- Use them to orient new staff who are unfamiliar with nonprofit culture.
- The Best Board Members …
- The Board’s Ambassador Role
- The Best Boards Cultivate a Constructive Board-Staff Partnership
- Fiduciary Duty in Practice: Confidentiality
- Fiduciary Duty in Practice: Conflicts of Interest
- Fiduciary Duty in Practice: Considering the Best Interests of the Entire Organization
- The Best Boards Focus on the Big Picture
- Making a Successful Leap from Bar Entity Leadership to Board Leadership
How do you get them? Subscribe for $80 and receive access to all the videos from the date of your purchase until August 31, 2019. (You will be able to resubscribe in August 2019 for a full year of access.) After you subscribe, you will receive a link to a portal containing each of the videos, which you may share with your board members. Included with your subscription is a handout for each video highlighting key points discussed and suggested questions for reflection/discussion.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Lewin or Joanne O’Reilly.