Proponents have lauded the bold proposal as a means to counter unchecked growth in ways that the federal antitrust laws have fallen short, particularly with respect to Big Tech. Critics worry that it could elevate factors such as a firm's size and market position above consumer welfare, and could dissuade innovation and expansion in the process. Our panelists will offer an update on where the proposed legislation stands, as well as offer competing thoughts on the proposal's merits and potential pitfalls.
- Nick Giles - McGuireWoods LLP
- Chris Marchese - Net Choice
- Lev Ginsburg - The Business Council (NY)
- Shaoul Sussman - Institute for Local Self Reliance
- Lauren Weinstein - MoloLamken LLP