Annual Award for Scholarship (2015)
Each year, the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice recognizes the best work of administrative law scholarship for the prior year. I write to request nominations for that award. Eligible books and articles are those that were published (copyrighted) during 2014.
In general, publications worthy of the Section's award should be:
1) well written, since publications that are informative and develop new ideas need not be difficult to read;
2) tightly reasoned, with a clear analysis that does not detour from development of the main thesis of the argument;
3) broadly applicable to at least several programs or issues;
4) provide a new and timely insight into a current issue of administrative law;
5) provide a new theoretical construct that will aid in the understanding or development of administrative law or develop a practical recommendation for solving a problem of administrative law; &
6) contain a minimum of repetition or recitation of existing work.
Please submit your nomination package to: The ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, 1050 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20010 OR Email: email@example.com or fax to 202-662-1529.
Please direct inquiries to Section Director Anne Kiefer at 202-662-1690.
The award recipient is selected by early June, announced soon thereafter, and the award winner is invited to the Section's Administrative Law Conference held in Washington, DC October 29-30, 2015.
Download PDF of Annual Award for Scholarship Instructions