As part of the Administrative Law Section's commitment to attracting, retaining, and developing young lawyers, the Section has formally established a Young Lawyers Committee (AdLaw-YLC) dedicated to young lawyers interested in administrative law and regulatory practice. All members of the Section who are under the age of 40 or admitted to practice for less than seven years are automatically members of this new committee at no additional cost.
The AdLaw-YLC has three objectives:
(1) increase participation of young lawyers in the Section;
(2) encourage and prepare young lawyers for leadership in the Section; an
(3) provide a voice for young lawyers within the Section.
To achieve these objectives, the AdLaw-YLC will be responsible for the following
* disseminating committee information;
* identifying, developing, and sponsoring or cosponsoring activities for committee members, such as CLEs, mentoring, conference panels, and publication opportunities;
* providing content for a webpage focusing on information of interest to AdLaw-YLC members;
* recommending young lawyers for appointment to Section leadership positions; and
* assisting the Membership and Outreach Committee in addressing young lawyer recruitment and retention issues.
As we undertake launching the AdLaw-YLC, the most important aspect of this endeavor is you. We need to hear from you! Please volunteer to serve on a Section committee - click this link for a list of committees. If you are interested in learning more about these leadership opportunities, please contact Section Director Anne Kiefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert Divis at email@example.com.