Since 2022, the American Bar Association's Commission on Immigration has published and updated the Primer on Immigration Enforcement Mechanisms at the U.S. Border in an effort to make the dynamic subject of border enforcement accessible to a broad audience. The most recent release of the Primer includes an in-depth discussion of the mechanics and impact of the Biden Administration's Circumvention of Lawful Pathways regulation, imposing additional steps and penalties for migrants attempting to enter the U.S. at the southern border. Join us as our panel of experts discusses the regulation, its impact, and the litigation challenging the right to seek asylum under domestic and international law.
- Melissa Crow - Director of Litigation, Center for Gender of Refugee Studies (CGRS), UC College of the Law, San Francisco
- Denise Gilman - Clinical Professor and Immigration Clinic Co-Director, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Laura Pena - Director, South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Representation Project (ProBAR)
- Amanda Bernardo - Deputy Director, Immigration Justice Project (IJP)
- Deena N. Sharuk (Moderator) - Senior Legal Advisor, Commission on Immigration
If you are not able to attend the webinar live, you will be able to view the program on our YouTube Channel immediately after the program. Once complete, we will send an email notifying all registrants when the program webpage is finalized, including both the recording and resources from the panelists.
The content of this program does not meet requirements for continuing legal education (CLE) accreditation. You will not receive CLE credit for participating.