This final program in the Section’s China BRI Series will be conducted live at the Section’s 2021 Conference. It explores the varying viewpoints on how the United States might conduct its relationship or dealings with China going forward.
- “Decoupling” between the U.S. and China’s economies, how far will it go?
- The concept of a comprehensive trade agreement with China. Is that in the cards?
- Is there a mechanism that would permit the disparate business norms of the U.S. and other Western countries/firms and China to work more efficiently on an economic or trade basis?
- What is the role of American “soft power” in the future of the U.S. China relationship or in competing with China?
- Where does Taiwan fit into both the U.S. China relationship in the future and U.S national security?