Day 2 - November 19, 2020
Putting Money to Good Use? Cafeteria Plans And Account-Based Plans | 1:00-2:30 PM ET |
Employers are constantly evaluating different methods for funding employee health and welfare benefits, whether it be employer contributions or employee contributions to a Code Section 125 cafeteria plan. This session will review recent changes and guidance regarding account-based plans such as health, limited purpose and dependent care flexible savings accounts; health savings accounts (HSAs); and, health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), including ICHRAs and EBHRAs. The panel will also discuss potential pitfalls or “foot faults” in administering these programs within the larger regulatory framework. Lastly, presenters will peer into their crystal balls and offer some thoughts on the evolution of account based-plans and the defined contribution model generally.
- Rachel Leiser Levy, Associate Chief Counsel, Employee Benefits, Exempt Organizations, and Employment Taxes, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC
- D. Finn Pressly, Littler Mendelson PC, Miami, FL
- Carolyn M. Trenda, Program Co-Chair, McGuireWoods LLP, Chicago, IL (Moderator)
Wellness Check-Up: A Brief Update | 2:40-4:10 PM ET |
Has your focus on wellness plans been sidelined by urgent matters related to the pandemic? Or are you consumed with finding new and creative ways to enhance wellness programs in furtherance of employee health and well-being during this unprecedented time? Whichever end of the spectrum fits you better, this session will get you up to speed on the latest guidance and thinking regarding employer wellness programs, including the status of guidance from the EEOC under the ADA and GINA and COVID-related considerations and enhancements for wellness programs.
- Jason P. Lacey, Program Co-Chair, Foulston Siefkin LLP, Wichita, KS(Moderator)
- Christy A. Tinnes, Groom Law Group, Chartered, Washington, DC
- Jason P. Lacey, Foulston Siefkin LLP, Wichita, KS
- Linda R. Mendel, Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease LLP, Columbus, OH
- Vanessa A. Scott, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP, Washington, DC
- Carolyn M. Trenda, McGuireWoods LLP, Chicago, IL