Watch Where You Set Your Virtual Foot – The Ethics of Virtual Lawyering
1 PM EDT
Modern technology permits a lawyer to practice from anywhere, anytime, but different states define the act of practicing law in different ways. Virtual law practices are also defined in many ways. This program will define the different types of virtual law practices—limited office but local, solely online law offices, and law practices with limited or expanded jurisdictional boarders—and discuss the ethical issues that come up with each model. This webinar will cover:
• Defining different virtual law practice models.
• Multijurisdictional practice ethics issues.
• Can the office be purely online?
• Practical protocols and steps to comply with the issues raised.
• Rules of Professional Conduct 1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 5.5, 7.1-7.6, and 8.5.