Risky Business: Who Gets Sued over Opinion Letters and How to Reduce Your Chances of Being Next
12 PM GMT
During this program our panelists will examine cases in which lawyers were sued over opinion letters, issues most likely to result in liability, and ways real estate lawyers can reduce their risk of being sued over opinion letters.
Topics will include:
- Recent cases against law fi rms relating to opinion letters;
- The process if you get sued over an opinion letter;
- Hot button issues that result in damages;
- Common misconceptions about liability for opinion letters;
- Opinion procedures should law firms need to reduce the risk of lawsuits;
- Assumptions and qualifi cations in opinion letters that really work; and
- Who can rely on opinion letters and how reliance should be limited.