Planning, Perils and Prevention: Managing Risk in Your Trusts and Estates Practice
12 PM GMT
The program will use hypothetical scenarios to review professional responsibility issues that arise in a trust and estate planning practice, including the representation of spouses, and of family members from different generations. The presentation will focus on the application of the rules governing conflicts of interest and confidentiality in the estate planning context, as well as the representation of clients under a disability.
Our panelist will discuss:
· Rules governing conflicts of interest;
· Rules governing confidentiality;
· Intergenerational representation;
· Joint versus multiple representation;
· Representation of clients under a disability;
· Drafting Issues;
· Representing fiduciaries; and
· What does risk management look like for the Trusts and Estates Practice.