State Actors & Competition Law
12:30 PM GMT
Selected as the “special topic” for the ICN meeting in Marrakech in April, the relationship between state-owned enterprises and competition law is drawing significant attention as developing economies grapple with the conundrum of whether and to what extent competition laws should apply to the acts of state-run or state-created entities. This panel discussion will survey how different jurisdictions strike this balance, and will also examine some related issues, such as the availability (and advisability) of various exemptions and immunities. Please join us for what is sure to be a lively and informative discussion.
· Eleanor Fox, New York University Law School, New York, NY
· John Davies, OECD, Paris, France
· Samir Gandhi, AZB & Partners, Delhi, India
· Sherman Jiang, University of International Business and Economics, Beijing, China
· Ekaterina Rousseva, Competition Directorate, European Union, Brussels, Belgium
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Nonprofit Employees and Students
$25.00: Other non-members
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Audio ArchiveProvided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page