Privacy and Data Security Issues Associated with Smart TV
12 PM EDT
This program will focus on privacy and data security issues associated with swiftly-developing Smart TV business models. The panelists will explore the comments arising out of the FTC’s Smart TV Workshop, the lessons from the Vizio complaint and order, and the issues that have arisen in private litigation, including the application of the Video Privacy Protection Act and state analogues to emerging Smart TV business models, and provide tips on avoiding regulatory or private litigation scrutiny in connection with participating in the various emerging Smart TV business models.
* Dana Rosenfeld, Kelley Drye & Warren
* Benjamin D. Hayes, CIPP, Chief Privacy Officer of The Nielsen Company (US), LLC
* Reed Freeman, Partner, Wilmer Hale
* Colin O’Malley, Founder of @Plowio, @LucidPrivacy, and co-founder of @Ghostery
* Kevin Moriarty, Staff Attorney in the FTC’s Division of Privacy and Identity Protection
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Non-profit Employees, Students. $25 Other Non-Members
Explore Section benefits or call 1-800-285-2221 to join. Code RAT14IP25. For this and all upcoming events visit http://ambar.org/atevents.
CLE: The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Audio Archive: Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page.