Criminal Actions in Commercial Matters in India
12 PM EST
It’s not unusual in India for parties to a commercial dispute to initiate criminal actions. In the course of an information-packed 90-minute teleconference, six eminent lawyers from India will answer questions and address specific statutes and areas of law that provide for criminal actions in commercial matters.
The teleconference is broken into two equal segments. The first segment will cover India’s Companies Act, Income Tax Act, and the law of contracts. The second segment will cover labor and employment laws, the Foreign Exchange Management Act, and the Negotiable Instruments Act.
Registrants will receive prior to the teleconference study materials containing commentary, relevant sections from statutes, and cites to statutes, leading cases and other sources for further information.
Moderator: Jaipat S. Jain, partner, Lazare Potter & Giacovas LLP, New York City
- Pratibha Jain, partner, Nishith Desai Associates, New Delhi (Companies Act)
- Aseem Chawla, partner, ASC Legal, New Delhi (Income Tax Act)
- Ajay Bhargava, partner, Khaitan & Co., New Delhi (law of contracts)
- Lalit Bhasin, partner, Bhasin & Co., New Delhi (labor and employment laws)
- Krrishan Singhania, partner, Singhania & Co., Mumbai (Negotiable Instruments Act)
- Satyajit Gupta, partner, Advaita Legal, New Delhi (Foreign Exchange Management Act)