Consumer Protection in a Trump Administration
1 PM EST
David S. Evans, David S. Evans, Chairman, Global Economics Group
Norman I. Silber, Senior Research Scholar
Yale University, Professor of Law, Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Deborah Goldstein, Center for Responsible Lending
Daniel D. Sokol, Professor of Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law
Jeff Sovern, Professor of Law, St. John’s University School of Law
Academics and experts will explore how a new administration under President Trump will likely treat various consumer protection issues--including how new executive appointments will shape federal agencies, such as the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. The discussion will include how a Solicitor General will treat controversial consumer protection issues at the Supreme Court.
- What will be the future of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and its Director Richard Cordray?
- Will a Republican Congress try to abolish the CFPB?
- How will the Federal Trade Commission be impacted by the appointment of new commissioners and the designation of a new Chair?
- How will the Federal Communications Commission be impacted by the designation of a chair and the filling of possible new openings?
- What can we expect as a general overall attitude toward consumer issues in a Trump administration?
- What kind of legislation will a new Republican Congress and President push with regard to consumer protection issues?
- How will the Consumer Product Safety Commission be impacted by the desgination of a new chair and the filling of new commissioner vacancies?
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Non-profit Employees, Students
$25 Other Non-Members
Explore Section benefits or call 1-800-285-2221 to join. Code RAT14IP25. For this and all upcoming events visit http://ambar.org/atevents.
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page.