Hot Topics in Healthcare Anti-kickback and FCA Cases
12 PM EST
This program will cover the Antitrust and Consumer Protection implications of federal FCA and Anti-Kickback healthcare cases, including:
- Background and trends in enforcement, settlements, and judgments.
- How FCA violations and kickbacks can distort competition in healthcare markets.
- Challenges of defining and identifying kickbacks – Do discounts, cash payments, or free services always constitute kickbacks?
- Methods of proving liability and damages, including sampling and extrapolation. What are the legal challenges?
- Doctrine of implied false certification and the current circuit split
- Future trends in private suits and Medicare Advantage fraud.
* Sally Woodhouse, Cornerstone Research
* Ashley Hardin, Williams and Connolly, LLP
* Daniel Kessler, Stanford University
* Sara Winslow, US Attorney's Office, North District California
For this and all upcoming events visit https://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/ABAEventsCalendar.aspx
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Non-profit Employees, Students
$25 Other Non-Members
Explore Section benefits or call 1-800-285-2221 to join. Code RAT14IP25. For this and all upcoming events visit http://AmBar.org/ATEvents.
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page.