GDPR in the EU: What does the new regulation require and what does it mean for corporate compliance?
3 PM EST
This session will cover the recent agreement among the European Union institutions on a text of a new general data protection regulation (GDPR). During this one-hour telephone seminar, panelists will discuss elements of the GDPR, including:
* Who must comply;
* Penalties for violations;
* How disclosures mandated by foreign courts will be handled;
* Breach notification requirements;
* How the Right to be Forgotten has been established;
* How children are being treated in the GDPR with regard to providing consent; and
* Mechanisms for data transfers to third countries.
* Yael Weinman, Verizon
* Lara Ballard, Special Advisor for Privacy and Technology, Department of State
* Janis Kestenbaum, Perkins Coie
* John Kropf, Northrop Grumman
For this and all upcoming events visit https://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/ABAEventsCalendar.aspx
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Non-profit Employees, Students
$25 Other Non-Members
Explore Section benefits or call 1-800-285-2221 to join. Code RAT14IP25. For this and all upcoming events visit http://AmBar.org/ATEvents.
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page.