Transpacific Partnership (TPP)
12 PM EST
The 6000 + page text of the TPP is finally public. The TPP is billed as one of the first trade agreements of the 21st century. The 12 member states of the TPP cover 40% of the world’s economy with 800 million consumers and a combined GDP of $28.5 trillion. But does this Mega-Deal live up to its hype? This fast paced teleconference gives ABA members practical real-life insight into the new TPP Agreement.
Learn how the TPP Mega-Deal will affect your law practice and how it will impact jobs, trade and investment. The new TPP Agreement contains 30 chapters with obligations including:
- Market Access for Goods, Rules of Origin and Customs
- Investment, Services, Telecommunications and Financial Services
- Temporary Entry for Business Persons
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Transparency and Anticorruption
- Binding Dispute Settlement
The Panel will be seeking questions from participants in advance to be answered during the session and will answer live participant questions.
- Christina Cardenas, Astigarraga Davis Mullins & Grossman
- Les Glick, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur
- Prof. Robert Howse, New York University Faculty of Law / London School of Economics
- Christine J. Alden, Weiss, Alden & Polo, P.A, Miami Fl.
Moderator: Barry Appleton, Appleton & Associates International Lawyers