Gaming the Games: FIFA and Corruption in International Sports
11 AM EDT
Join us as the SIL Anti-Corruption Committee brings together international experts on corruption in football and international sports to dissect and discuss the recent bribery scandals that have rocked the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) this past spring. Learn what the ongoing investigation may mean on a larger level not just for FIFA, but the global sports industry as a whole. The repercussions of the FIFA investigation may ripple out to the banking, media, and merchandise industry and have longlasting effects. Our panel talks about the complexities of detecting and prosecuting corruption in sports, recent trends and developments in the field, and cleaning up the beautiful game.
- Alexandra Wrage, President, TRACE International
- Drago Kos, Chair, OECD Working Group on Bribery
- Jens Weinreich, Investigative Journalist, www.jensweinreich.de
- David Larkin, International Sport Lawyer
- Mikhail Reider-Gordon, Senior Advisor, Anti-Corruption Committee, ABA SIL