Vertical Integration in Health Care
2 PM EDT
Does vertical integration in healthcare bring more costs or benefits? An economist, health care public policy expert, health system representative and state enforcer will debate the issue(s). The panelists will begin with a discussion of vertical integration and what it looks like in health care. They will then evaluate the potential benefits and costs/competitive implications that can result from vertical integration in health care. Their conversation will address potential benefits and costs at both the provider and payer levels of the distribution chain.
- Tracy W. Wertz, Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office, Harrisburg, PA
- Dr. Robert Berenson, Urban Institute Washington, D.C.
- Melinda Reid Hatton, Senior V.P. and General Counsel, American Hospital Association, Washington D.C.
- Emilio Varanini, California Attorney General’s Office, San Francisco, CA
- Deborah Haas-Wilson, Professor of Economics, Smith College, Northampton, MA
Antitrust Section Members,
Government, Non-profit Employees,
$25 Other Non-Members
Explore Section benefits or call
800-285-2221 to join. Code RAT14IP25.
For this and all upcoming events visit http://AmBar.org/ATEvents.
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page.