South of the Border: Offering Legal Services in South America: Part 2: Peru
10 AM EDT
- This is a non-CLE program
- The timing for this program is listed in US Eastern Daylight Time
- This is the second of four programs on this topic. If you select one of the Package Pass rates, you will automatically gain access to all four teleconferences for the price of three. The dial in information for each program will be sent to you automatically as soon as it becomes available. Recordings of all previous programs will also be emailed directly to you if you purchase this registration option.
During the summer of 2014, we are presenting a series of 4 programs, each 60 minutes in length, covering the rules related to the practice of law (particularly in relation to non-local lawyers) in the following four countries:
Part 2: Peru
In the recent past Peru has experienced significant growth, especially in the areas of mining and infrastructure. The market for legal services benefitted significantly from these developments. They have also raised the interest of foreign firms to gain a foothold in the country. The panelists will discuss the state of affairs of the legal profession and practice.
The call will be held on Tuesday, June 17, at 10:00 am EDT and will last 60 minutes.
During the call, we will explore the following issues:
1) What rules apply to the practice of law in each country, particularly for foreign lawyers?
2) What practical steps should a foreign lawyer take to avoid breaching any professional rules?
3) What has the experience been of foreign lawyers attempting to provide legal services in these countries?