Cartel Settlements in the US and EU
12 PM EDT
Competition regulators and defendants may opt to settle cartel cases rather than go to trial. How does the settlement process work in each jurisdiction? What factors do the regulators consider when deciding whether to settle an investigation? How can a company best negotiate for a favorable settlement? And what effect does a settlement have on private follow-on actions? Our panel will discuss these issues in the context of plea agreements with the US Department of Justice and settlements with the European Commission.
Instructions for accessing the live program will be provided in a confirmation email. For this and all upcoming events visit http://AmBar.org/ATEvents.
- Bruce Cohen, Frito Lay North America (Pepsico), Senior Legal Director Sales/Antitrust, Plano, Texas
- Michael Attanasio, Partner, Cooley LLP, San Diego
- Gerald Miersch, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission, Directorate General for Competition, Cartel Settlements, Brussels
- Richard Powers, Trial Attorney, US Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, New York Office
- Pierre Zelenko, Partner, Linklaters LLP, Paris
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Nonprofit Employees and Students
$25.00: Other non-members