This three-panel program will focus on providing young lawyers with the necessary skills to succeed in the first years of litigation practice. Attendees will learn to:
• Identify challenges that may arise in dealing with internal and external clients, especially in the investigation and discovery phases of a case
• Develop appropriate solutions to challenges that present themselves in dealing with internal and external clients on discovery-related issues.
• Identify practical and legal tools to assist in responding to combative discovery tactics.
• Develop skills to effectively communicate with opposing counsel during a contentious discovery process.
• Identify ethical implications of common mistakes young lawyers make.
• Develop solutions to common mistakes, keeping in mind ethical obligations.
• Effectively communicate mistakes and solutions consistent with ethical requirements.