Our distinguished panelists of Corporate Directors of Risk Management, Mediators, Retired Judges, Insurer Broker In-House Litigation Claims Counsel, and Highly Experienced Counsel and Consultants will provide pragmatic discussions and take-aways for preparation, response and resolution of disasters.
Both manmade (cyber, oil spills, explosions) and natural disasters (fires, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes) are happening at an increasing pace in the US and around the World. With the acceleration of the pace of climate change and the interconnectivity of literally everything, not only will disasters be more likely to occur, they are expected to increase in both geographic scope and severity. This is a problem for everyone, everywhere, and we’ve all been put on notice. Moreover, these events have and will continue to have both a direct and increasingly powerful impact to the bottom line of businesses and insurance companies, and the ability of courts to resolve the resulting flood of litigation. As these incidents increase in frequency and severity, so too does the potential risk to board members, executives, insurers, brokers and resolution specialists who must all work to stay ahead of the preventative and responsive disaster curves.
Join our experts panelists for interactive presentations providing practical advice on what can and should be done to address these risks and concerns, what corporate officers and directors need to be doing right now, and what can be done to effectively deal with and resolve disaster related claims as they arise.
- Peter J. Biging (Partner, Goldberg Segalla LLP)
- Joanna Rotgers (Senior Assistant General Counsel, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.)
- Kiera O’Connell Goral (Assistant VP Specialty Claims, QBE North America)
- Lisa Doherty (Founder and CEO, Business Risk Partners (BRP))
- Katherine Smith Dedrick (KSD Law P.C. and KSD Global Consulting Inc.)
- Serge J. Adam (Complex Claims Analyst, Allianz);
- Jennifer Pack (Director of Risk Management, Hyatt Hotels Corp.)
- Julie A. Bean (Director, Risk Management Chamberlain Group)
- Fredric M. Brooks (Of Counsel, Blank Rome LLP)
- Kim Hogrefe (Independent Mediator, Former Senior Vice President of Chubb & Son)
- Honorable James S. Miller (JAMS, former trial judge)
- Mark J. Bunim (Case Closure, LLC.)
Presented by: The ABA's Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS), Committees on Dispute Resolution and Professional Liability Insurance. Co-sponsored by Fordham University School of Law, which has generously donated space for this event, ABACLE and the Professional Liability Defense Federation.