ABA Section of Family Law Educational Border Visit
Nogales, AZ, 7 AM MST
Join the ABA Section of Family Law on a trip to the Nogales, Arizona border area to learn about the regional and national impact of the US/Mexico border and policies, legal perspectives on the immigration enforcement environment under the present administration, and available remedies and resources. The cost of the tour includes breakfast, lunch, transportation, and 2.5 hours of CLE credit.
*Space is limited, and registration is first come, first served. Spouses and guests are welcome; however, each individual attending must complete their own separate registration. Make sure to log out of your myABA account before registering an additional attendee. If you are registering a non-ABA member, please check out as a "New Customer".*
PLEASE READ - Additional Important Information:
- Non-U.S. citizens must register by June 28, 2018 to attend the Border Visit. U.S. citizens must register by July 25, 2018.
- This tour includes a visit to a Department of Homeland Security facility and requires each attendee to be vetted by the US Border Patrol. In order to comply with vetting procedures, US citizens must supply the following information to Section staff, who will then send the information on to the border patrol: Full Legal Name, Social Security Number, Driver's License Number, and Date of Birth. Non-US citizens must provide additional information, including Passport Number and Expiration Date and employment information. Once you have registered for the trip, please call Samantha Schooley at 312.988.5603 to provide your information. Your registration will not be considered complete until you have provided all the necessary information.
- Due to the nature of this tour, you must also sign a Release and Waiver of Liability Form. The form can be found here. There will also be a link to the form in your confirmation email. Please sign and date the form and return it to Samantha Schooley at email@example.com. Your registration will not be considered complete until you have signed and returned the form.
- Registration for this event is completely separate from the the 2018 Fall CLE Conference registration.
- If you plan on attending this tour and the 2018 Fall CLE Conference, please remember to make your hotel reservations with the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass here and include the night of Tuesday, October 2nd.
- Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel your registration, you must send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th to receive a refund minus a $25.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after this date. Should this tour be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. safety) or not reaching a minimum number of participants, participants shall receive a full refund.