Presented by the National Pension and Benefits Section, the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA), the Joint Committee on Employee Benefits of the American Bar Association (ABA JCEB) and the International Pension and Employee Benefits Lawyers Association (IPEBLA) this program features a number of exciting sessions regarding pensions, executive compensation, public pension and social security programs, analysis of issues in investing plan assets and trending issues in benefits, executive compensation and pensions.
Who should attend?
Whether you advise trustees, pension advisory committee members, unions, sponsoring corporations, investors, lenders or governments this program may be of interest, as it will explore many aspects of pension and benefits governance, structure regulation and investment. The broad range of workshops are designed to provide useful and practical information to senior practitioners, regulators, junior lawyers, as well as corporate practitioners and in house counsel.
The 2-day program will consist of keynote speakers, plenary sessions and workshop discussions. Each session will have expert speakers from multiple jurisdictions presenting an international perspective on a variety of topics. Attendees will be able to delve into issues affecting internationally mobile workers, learn how approaches in other legal systems may inform their own jurisdiction, and explore problems and solutions that affect pensions and benefits systems world-wide.
· Protecting Wage, Pension and Severance Claims Against Employer Insolvency
· Evolution of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans
· Marijuana in the Workplace
· Discrimination and Pension & Benefits Plans
· Unique Issues Facing DC Plans Including Decumulation and Auto-Enrollment
· Employee Benefit Relief in Times of Natural Disasters and Other Catastrophic Events
· Trends in Pension Litigation
· Supplementary Pension Plans
· Hot Topics in Non-North Amerian Jurisdictions
· Global Initiatives to Address Plan Sustainability and Affordability
· Cybersecurity and Pensions and Benefits
· Offshore Investment Structures for Pension FundsTrends in Pension and Benefit Litigation