First Ever Encryption Happy Hour!
4:30 PM GMT
Come join BIS's Aaron Amundson over a drink (wine or beer or tea or coffee) and snack and learn about US encryption export controls. Aaron will NOT cover the basics but will update practitioners on what has changed over the last few years including such fascinating topics as:
- What happened to Note 4 Ancillary Cryptography note anyway?
- Is open source software still subject to EAR controls or do you have to do something and if so what?
- What are all those new decontrols in the Notes to 5A002?
- What is still left in 5A002 (and 5D002) after all those exceptions?
- Tell us again what is OAM?
- What changes are coming in 2018?
If these are the things YOU want to learn over a glass of something, please join Aaron, Kay and your favorite export control friends at Arent Fox at 1717 K Street, NW.
Moderator: Kay Georgi, Partner, Arent Fox
Speaker: Aaron Amundson, Director, Information Technology Controls Division Bureau of Industry and Security U.S. Department of Commerce
This program will take place at:
1717 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Teleconference option available! All registrants will be emailed the teleconference dial-in information the day before the program.