Steel / Aluminum Tariffs - Key Compliance and Other Considerations for Companies and their Lawyers
12 PM EDT
The steel and aluminum tariffs were announced on March 8, 2018. This program will discuss:
The latest news about how the steel and aluminum tariffs apply;
The enforcement methods Customs and Border Protection is likely to implement;
The grounds for any exclusions being granted to U.S. trading partners;
The means by which companies may seek exclusion for given products; and
What might happen if/when a complaint is filed at the World Trade Organization.
- David M. Spooner, Barnes & Thornburg, Co-Chair of the International Trade Practice Group, former Assistant Secretary for Import Administration, Dept. of Commerce.
- Susan Kohn Ross, MSK, ABA /SIL International Trade Committee
- Mathew S. Borman, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration
- Laura M. Baughman, President, The Trade Partnership and Trade Partnership Worldwide, LLC
- Jennifer McCadney, Kelly Drye, American Association of Exporters and Importers, Trade Policy Committee Co-Chair
- James Mendenhall, Sidley, former USTR General Counsel
- Leslie A. Glick, Butzel Long, ABA / SIL Customs Committee Co-Chair
The in-person location of this program is:
Barnes & Thornburg
1717 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20006-4623
Lunch will be provided courtesy our hosts at Barnes & Thornburg.
Teleconference option available! Dial-in information will be emailed to all registrants the day before the program.