2018 Fall Meeting: It’s Lonely At The Top-Building a Successful Team with the Owner
Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, 7:30 AM EDT
At its core, every successful construction project begins with the selection of project participants who all share one common goal to construct a project on schedule, in budget and with minimal disputes. Our program will focus on how to achieve this goal, from the perspectives of all of the project participants, including not just the Owner but also the General Contractor, Design Professionals, Subcontractors, Lenders and other stakeholders.
The program will present the viewpoints of both in-house and outside counsel as well as consultants on a variety of cutting-edge topics including:
• Selecting the right delivery method for the project;
• Negotiating contract clauses that lead to a successful project and avoid disputes;
• Hot topics and issues with financing the project;
• Innovative insurance products that are available to reduce and allocate risks;
• Strategies for addressing disputes proactively, before they mushroom into full blown litigation;
• The evolution of P3s – what’s next; and
• Key ethical considerations and issues in the procurement and construction industry.
Our program will also feature a special plenary on Friday morning with the Right Honourable Beverley McLachlin. Until her recent retirement, Justice McLachlin served as the Chief Justice of the Canadian Supreme Court, a position she held for more than 17 years. We are truly honored and grateful that she has agreed to share her perspectives, both as the first female Chief Justice in Canadian history, and also as a former construction attorney.