2016 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar
2 PM EST
The online registration system is now closed. Feel free to bring your completed Onsite Registration Form to the seminar, and ABA staff will be able to complete your registration at that time. Please do not send your completed form to ABA staff prior to the seminar.
Why You Should Attend
Learn the latest developments in insurance law from leading lawyers and insurance professionals at the 28th year of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar. Join us in attending plenary, breakout and round-table programs, as well as fun activities and valuable networking sessions. As in past years, the meeting will feature the same high-quality programming that has attracted insurance practitioners, corporate risk managers, and insurance claims professionals from all over the United States and around the world. We are on track to exceed last year’s record-breaking attendance by in house counsel attendance. For our colleagues who are in-house at insurance companies or policyholder companies, we are offering registration for just $50! Join us in Tucson to make this another record-setting year!
What You Will Learn
• Then and Now: A Historical Analysis of the Development of Insurance Coverage Law – We haven’t done this in a long time. Don’t miss it!
• Physical Harms from Cyber Perils: These claims just keep changing, don’t they? Join our panel as they discuss this issue.
• Covered and Uncovered Claims: Listen to our panel suggests strategies to handle this complicated problem.
• We are having another ICLC Idol contest! This time watch our contestants battle for the superior summary judgment presentation and vote for your winner.
• The Appraisal Clause in Property Policies: Learn from our panel about how this works when coverage is disputed and when it is not.
• Ethical Issues in Expert Witness Preparation: Our panel will provide practical tips for getting expert witnesses ready to testify.
• Issues in Insurance Applications: This happens more than we think it will. Listen to our panel provide litigation tips for this situation.
• Where Math Meets The Law: Valuing Claims and Allocation. This panel will help you figure it out!
• Additional Insureds and Indemnity: This issue is front and center these days and our panel will provide insight for analyzing the issues.
• Managing Risk South of the Border: a panel discussion among practitioners from Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela about claim handling issues peculiar to Latin America.
• Is Insurance Ready For Unmanned Vehicles: highlighting the significant liabilities posed by ever-increasing industry use of drone technology.
Who Should Attend
• All attorneys who litigate in the area of insurance coverage.
• In-house counsel for insurance companies or policyholder companies. Take advantage of the $50 registration fee!
• Risk managers and seasoned practitioners interested in an update from the leading trial lawyers, experts and members of the judiciary on the latest developments in insurance law.
Thank you to our 2016 Insurance Coverage Litigation:
Angela Elbert and Laura Hanson
Tonya Newman and Terrance Evans
Jodi Spencer Johnson and John Bonnie