2015 Africa Forum
Sarova Panafric Hotel, 7 AM GMT
Online registration is now closed
Earn up to 15.0 CLE credits!
East Africa is in the midst of an energy boom. Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and South Sudan are all emerging as potential leaders in the energy and extractive sectors. This dynamic 1.5 day program in Nairobi, Kenya, hosted at the Sarova Panafric Hotel, will highlight distinguished industry stakeholders as panelists to discuss areas of key importance.
• Overview of the international and regional legal regime governing the extractive and energy sectors
• Key Approaches to Negotiations with African Host Governments
• Social and Environmental Considerations for the Oil & Gas Sector
• Foreign Investment & Taxation Schemes
• Security & Human Rights Issues and Disputes
Through robust dialogue and professional networking opportunities, this program aims to strengthen legal professionals’ understanding of the complex legal and regulatory frameworks surrounding the industry, while also helping to positively impact and promote the sound management of the region’s natural resources. Program highlights include: Networking opportunities; Practical coverage of the key issues, strategies, and opportunities.
Who should attend:
• Lawyers practicing in Kenya and other East African countries in local as well as foreign law firms with offices in the region. Counsel of global firms with interests in the region and Kenya in particular, academics and regulators.
• Lawyers, consultants and government officials from across Africa and the rest of the world who handle matters concerning the energy and extractive sectors in general and who have interests in these industries in East Africa.