- Credit hours required: 30 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 1
- Compliance group: There are 2 compliance groups. Attorneys admitted in an even-numbered year report in even-numbered years. Attorneys admitted in an odd-numbered year report in odd-numbered years.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round down to the nearest half hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 15 CLE hours via recorded online programs. Ethics CLE hours must be earned from live webinars.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys in Wisconsin must report earned CLE credits to the Supreme Court of Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners. Click here for CLE reporting information.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.