- Credit hours required: 30 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 1
- Compliance group: There are 2 compliance groups. Attorneys admitted in an even-numbered year report in even-numbered years. Attorneys admitted in an odd-numbered year report in odd-numbered years.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round down to the nearest half hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 15 CLE hours via recorded online programs. Attorneys can not earn ethics or professional responsibility CLE hours via recorded programs.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys in Wisconsin must report earned CLE credits to the Supreme Court of Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners. Click here for CLE reporting information.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.