- Credit hours required: 24 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of legal ethics, office management, substance abuse and/or elimination of bias in the legal profession per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: June 30 of even-numbered years
- Reporting date: July 31 of even-numbered years
- Compliance group: All attorneys report biennially.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round down to the nearest one-hundredth of an hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 12 CLE hours via recorded programs per reporting period.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance to the CLE Commission of the West Virginia State Bar on behalf of all attendees.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.