- Credit hours required: 24 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of legal ethics, office management, substance abuse and/or elimination of bias in the legal profession per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: June 30 of even-numbered years
- Reporting date: July 31 of even-numbered years
- Compliance group: All attorneys report biennially.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round down to the nearest one-hundredth of an hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 12 CLE hours via recorded programs per reporting period.
- Live Moderated Webinars: Credit is not available in West Virginia for ABA programs and sessions listed as live moderated webinars. Credit remains available for live webinars subject to jurisdictional approval.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast, previoulsy recorded limited to 12 credits.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance to the CLE Commission of the West Virginia State Bar on behalf of all attendees.
Audio and Video | On-Demand CLE
Social Media Ethics in the Age of Documented Mischief [CC]