- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours ethics or professionalism
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: December 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes, rounded down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements each reporting period. The ABA does not send certificates of attendance to the Virgin Islands Bar Association.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.