- Credit hours required: 24 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of legal ethics or professional responsibility, and 1 hour of professionalism and civility
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: July 31
- Compliance group: Attorneys are assigned to 1 of 2 compliance groups reporting in either odd-numbered years or in even-numbered years. The compliance period begins on July 1st.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest half hour.
- Limit on credit hours for distance learning programs: Attorneys can earn up to 12 CLE hours per reporting period via distance learning programs* (i.e. webinars, teleconferences, and recorded products) as long as the programs are accredited by the Utah State Board of CLE. ABA recorded product formats listed below are acceptable formats in Utah.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.