- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics, professionalism, or substance abuse prevention credit
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: Varies by compliance group. See information below.
- Reporting date: Varies by compliance group. Attorneys have 30 days after compliance date to report credit. Below are the reporting periods for the 3 compliance groups.
- Compliance group: There are 3 compliance groups to which all Pennsylvania attorneys have been permanently assigned randomly by attorney ID number. The reporting periods for each group are as follows:
Group I - May 1 through April 30 every year
Group II - September 1 through August 31 every year
Group III - January 1 through December 31 every year.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.