- Credit hours required: 45 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 5 hours of ethics, 1 hour on lawyers’ statutory duty to report elder or child abuse, and either 1 hour in mental health, substance use or cognitive impairment that can affect a lawyer's ability to practice law. In alternate reporting periods, at least 3 additional hours must be in programs accredited for access to justice (elimination of bias) under Rule 5.14(c).
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: April 30
- Reporting date: May 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys report every 3 years. The first reporting period for new admittees begins with admission date and ends on April 30 of the next calendar year. All subsequent reporting periods are 3 years.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.